Elegance In My Town

I am thrilled the small town I now call home is resident to the International Pinot Noir Celebration (IPNC), otherwise known as Planet Earth’s Premier Pinot Noir Event.  Yes, it is really called that.

Lots and lots of folks from all over the world are currently descending upon this area in anticipation of next weekend’s Pinot extravaganza; it is slated to be one of the best yet.  Hotels and restaurant’s are full and everyone within the city limits is talking about Pinot.

The 2009 Master of Ceremonies is none other than one of my favorite and most respected wine authors, Jancis Robinson.  This alone has me thrilled to pieces.

My husband and I will begin the festivities one day early (next Thursday) to attend Youngberg Hill Vineyard’s Pre-IPNC Winemaker’s Dinner.  Youngberg Hill happens to be one of the wineries located in the same American Viticultural Area (AVA) as our own property and we are thrilled to be attending this event.

If you are headed into town for the IPNC, join us for what will be an amazing dinner at Youngberg Hill.  I have seen the menu…it is nothing short of amazing, prepared by chef Jack Czarnecky of the Joel Palmer House.

I hope we see you there.

Contact Youngberg Hill for availability.

1. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend! Can’t wait to hear all about it ~

Salud!

I now think you are the luckiest person on this planet. What fun you are going to have. I will be in South Dakota…not having as much fun…

3. Greetings from Denver. Bob and I are attending the Domaine Serene Winemaker’s Dinner on Thurs. Can’t wait to compare notes.
    Lea Ann

4. I. Am. So. Jealous.

Pinot Noir is my favorite of the red wines, and an entire festival dedicated to it sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time!

5. Oh have a wonderful time. What a great event….we just may run that way.

6. I wish, wish, wish we could be there. My Hubby and I were there 3 years ago and spent a few days in your area visiting the wineries and sampling …one of the best times ever! The Pinots in your new home area are some of the best in the world! ( in our humble opinion)

7. Kayola 7

I know you are just the luckiest ever….you are beautiful…you cook like none other…your children are adorable and you live where it is GREEN…..I’m not jealous..nooooooo not me…

8. I’ve read Robinson’s How to Taste and as a fan of pinot noir, it sounds like a great event!

9. Marilyn 9

Sounds like a wonderful event. Wish I could be there, have never been to Oregon and hope to get there one of these days

10. Sounds like a perfect event for a wine loving foodie.

11. LilSis 11

I wish I lived closer. That sounds like a fun event!

12. Oh the berries. Lemon ricotta pancakes all the way. All three of those flavors, including the berries of course, are amazing.