Impressed

I am surprised how much I have enjoyed raising two boys.  From the moment I found out I was having my first boy, I thought, no way, I don’t even know what to do with a boy…I’m a girl.  Somehow its all worked out.

The boys are hilarious and always up for fun.  Children are truly an extension of our lives…and selfishly I don’t want them to grow up.

My littlest guy came to me yesterday and said, “Mom, can you believe it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow.  I’m going to give you a shoulder and throat massage first thing in the morning!”  Well, I hope he means neck otherwise I’m afraid.  If I never post here again he meant throat and it didn’t go well.

Yesterday the boys also said they wanted to make me a treat for Mother’s Day but since they are aren’t allowed to use knives, the stove or the oven, what could they make without a lot of help?  I thought about it and suggested chocolate covered strawberries.  It was easy and figured they would be able to handle it without me becoming their third arm.

I melted some chocolate and they went at it.  Look what I got…

Can you believe it?  I was totally impressed.  After the gobs and gobs of chocolate surrounding these strawberries dried on the wax paper, we picked these off and they actually look pretty darn good.

I love the chocolate chip ones.

They can make me treats anytime.  What do you want to see them make next?  Ha, it could be a new series.  I will be snacking on these all day.  They watched me intently as I ate three of them.  They were very proud of themselves and so was I.  I wish it could be Mother’s Day every day.

I also saw this interview Cheryl did over at Twinfatuation with her twins.  I don’t have twins but I do have two kids, so good enough.  I thought it would be fun to ask them their thoughts so I could always remember their answers at this age.

What is something your mom always says to you?
Oldest-I love you
Youngest-I love you

What makes your mom happy?
Oldest-
When I’m good
Youngest-Massages

What makes your mom sad?
Oldest-
When I don’t follow directions and scream
Youngest-Badness

How does your mom make you laugh?
Oldest
-By telling me weird jokes
Youngest-Storytelling

What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
Oldest-Eat all her dinner
Youngest-Play with Barbies

How old is your mom?
Oldest
-37
Youngest-57

How tall is your mom?
Oldest-
Six feet three inches tall
Youngest-Eleven feet tall

What is her favorite thing to do?
Oldest-
Sleep
Youngest-Cooking

What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Oldest-Goes to the grocery store
Youngest-Waits for me to get home

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Oldest-Your wine
Youngest-You are famous

What is your mom really good at?
Oldest-
Getting creative with food
Youngest-Cooking

What is your mom not very good at?
Oldest-
Playing video games
Youngest-Fixing things

What does your mom do for her job?
Oldest-One day you might think about getting one
Youngest-You don’t even know how to work

What is your mom’s favorite food?
Oldest-
Steak
Youngest-Steak

What makes you proud of your Mom?
Oldest-You give lots of stuff to people and you’re nice
Youngest-Giving me something I’ve always wanted and finding fun things at Target

If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Oldest
-Daisy Duck
Youngest-Minnie Mouse

What do you and your mom do together?
Oldest-Go on vacation
Youngest-Hug

How are you and your mom the same?
Oldest-We both like to relax
Youngest-We have the same germs

How are you and your mom different?
Oldest-
You really don’t like video games
Youngest-I’m a boy, you’re a girl

How do you know your mom loves you?
Oldest-
You hug and kiss me everyday
Youngest-Because you take care of me

What does your mom like most about your dad?
Oldest-
Daddy follows your rules
Youngest-He can fix everything you break

Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Oldest
-Hawaii
Youngest-The grocery store

And it wouldn’t be Mother’s Day without a homemade flower bouquet.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you awesome Mom’s out there, you are fabulous!

One Year Ago Today:  Hpnotiq Breeze

1. Krissa 1

I woke up WAY too early today, but decided to use this time to read my favorite blogs- I just have to tell you that this post completely cracked me up!!! I am sitting at my computer at 5 am laughing hysterically about the “throat massage”… I hope it goes well…good luck!! :) Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!!!

2. Andrea 2

I too am up way too early and am laughing my rear off reading this. Enjoy them at this age because they grow up quickly. I never pictured you quite so tall!

Seems you’re going to have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

3. This is a beautiful post, and I can’t help but notice both your boys think you’re pretty tall, and you’re a Disney character. I think they know you love them very much!

Their strawberries are fantastic, are you sure you didn’t do them? What a blessing your two sons are, Happy Mother’s day to you Noble Pig!

4. deeba 4

They are priceless, just priceless. Go steak Mom, go…11 ft tall, you GO girl!! xoxox Happy Mother’s Day Cathy!!

Happy Mother’s Day Cathy! Your boys obviously love you very much! I am happy I had boys too. They are a real treasure to have!

6. donna 6

Love the answers. Hope you have a wonderful mothers day!

7. The youngest one’s answers cracked me up!

What’s your e-mail, so I can e-mail you questions! :)

Happy Mother’s Day!

You are absolutely adorable! As are your sons. Have a wonderful day breaking things and having your husband fix them. Too cute!!

9. Those chocolate covered strawberries turned out great! Bravo to your boys, who are so good-looking. I loved the q’s and a’s – I’ll be looking for you in the grocery store – either at 11 feet tall or 6 feet 3 inches – if you survive the throat massage. Happy Mother’s Day

10. Bless their little hearts! The answers are priceless as are those strawberries and paper flowers…which, hello, are GORGEOUS!

I absolutely loved their answers to the questions. Hope all goes well with the throat massage!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

11. That interview was so sweet! Those strawberries look amazing and the paper flowers are beautiful. I hope you have a great Mother’ Day with those two cute boys!

12. aww..so sweet. Happy mother’s day!

13. Erin 13

I literally laughed out loud at “you don’t even know how to work.”

Your kids are awesome. Have a wonderful day!

14. Cath,
    This is too cute.
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    Stacey

15. Melynda 15

Great stuff! Before you know it, you will have grandchildren that age, and the fun begins again.

16. Sandra 16

How brutally, sweetly honest!
    Happy Mother’s Day to EWE -smile-.

17. Priceless. Happy Mother’s Day!

18. Cute interview with the kids.
    Those strawberries look delicious. The boys did a great job. I’ll bet they taste better than they look.
    Happy Mother’s Day to you, too!

19. A very happy Mother’s Day to you too, Cathy. You have two very handsome young men. Don’t you just love them to pieces? And love it when they make you laugh?

20. Claire 20

Wow, that IS impressive! Congratulations on having such thoughtful children, & I hope that the throat massage wasn’t really a throat massage…

21. I love that all you seem to do is go to the grocery store!
    That was the sweetest post, Cathy… Happy Mother’s Day!

I love how the white chocolate is piled thick in places, like mummy ribbons. Also that your hubby follows your rules! Ha!

Happy Mother’s day!

23. Cathy, You are so blessed. My neighbors have identical boy twins that I SO close to. I never thought I could be so gaga over boys, but since that first day seeing them so tiny, I was hooked. They are 20 mos. and everyday is such a joy to watch them grow.

Your strawberries look fabulous. Happy Mother’s Day to you.

24. Katrina 24

I’m laughing my head off at your boy’s answers to your questions! And you might think about getting a job. That’s hilarious! My favorite just might be the question, What does your mom like most about your dad–That he follows your rules. bahhhaahhaaa!
    What a cute interview!
    Awesome strawberries! Hope we see a post from your tomorrow and that your massage (wherever it may be) is wonderful! Happy Mom’s Day!

25. Sue K 25

This is a beautiful post! It made me smile and get teary, all at the same time. Raising boys is wonderful fun – I always wanted three boys, but was delighted when I got my girls, too. One of the wonderful things about boys is that they seem to like mom a lot longer than girls! The strawberries are gorgeous, btw. Lucky woman!

26. Happy Mother’s Day Cathy!! Looks like you’re having a great one! My guys made chocolate-covered strawberries too!

The inyterview was so cute–I might steal that idea. I loved “he fixes everything you break” and “You don’t even know how to work.” LOL!!!!

27. Hi Cathy,
    I love the answers your boys gave! I must do this with my daughter.

I hope the throat massage goes well and you have a fun Mother’s Day!
    ~Laura

28. Diana 28

Hi Cathy,
    I love chocolate covered strawberries and that your boys wanted something they could do for you without your help. Your interview was great – I’m afraid of how my kids would answer.

29. Ivonne 29

Cathy,

That is one of the funniest and sweetest things I’ve ever read! Happy Mother’s Day!

30. Jackie 30

Happy Mother’s Day!

A HILARIOUS post! My favorite Q&A was

What does your mom like most about your dad?
    Oldest-Daddy follows your rules
    Youngest-He can fix everything you break

Can’t wait to have kids when I’m older :)

31. This is so nice! And your sons have an admirable career ahead of them in the confectionary business…

32. Kayola 32

OH MY STARS!!!!!! ♥ this whole post!!!!! It is all just awesome! I hope you take a break from packing and put your feet up and enjoy your day…You have taught your cutie patootie’s well… HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY MY FRIEND!

33. Dana 33

So adorable. I have 2 boys, ages 4 and 2 and can’t wait until I can ask them these same questions. Happy Mother’s Day to you!

34. imom 34

That interview with your boys is just precious and hilarious! Your youngest cracks me up! “We have the same germs” had me laughing out loud!

35. elra 35

They are so adorable Cathy. Your youngest one seem pick up the good sense of humor from you. The strawberry covered chocolate that the boys made look awesome, and I can not believe that they’ve made them. Truly impressive.
    Oh one more thing, I like this part:
    What does your mom like most about your dad?
    Oldest-Daddy follows your rules
    Youngest-He can fix everything you break ….
    Sounds like my husband!

Have a great Mother’s day!
    elra

36. You have the same germs! So cute. This was a fun post and the boys did a great job on the strawberries. My daughter’s Mother’s Day gift to me broke but I told her I got a flower pot and puzzle in one. She stopped crying and smiled. Now I need to go out and get some super glue!

ohh cath! that was just like a breath of fresh air. how touching, I truly mean that.
    I’v never met you, but it’s so very obvious thru your photos and writings that you truly are a good Mom.
    Happy Mother’s Day!

38. Shawn 38

Wow! I loved that!

I’m totally going to steal your questions and have my boys answer them also.

I’m rather afraid of the answers though!

Thanks Cathy…this is a fabulous post. (Now I’m hungry for choc. covered strawberries)

39. Julie 39

They did a fabulous job on the strawberries! They’ve obviously been paying attention to you in the kitchen :)
    I love their answers…especially the one about the germs!

40. megan 40

That was adorable! I loved to hear that dady can fix everything you brake! Hilarious! Happy Mom’s Day to you!

41. Great post, Cathy! I think your boys love you as much as you love them!

Happy Mothers Day!

42. They have your culinary skills, Cathy! Beautiful. :-)

Loved the interview, too. So funny and cute!

My son just called me. 😉

Happy Mother’s Day!
    Shirley

43. Leslie 43

happy mother’s day! those strawberries are amazing, and the Q&A is great too!

44. vanessa 44

Happy Mother’s Day!! The strawberries are beautiful :)

45. Sheila 45

I love the honesty and naivety that children have. Hope it was a neck massage, too. We like seeing what you have to share. Those little chocolate morsels are too cute on the strawberries.

46. Mary 46

Cathy, your interview with the boys is priceless! You little one has you nailed, girl. Have a happy Mother’s Day.

47. Suzette 47

Wow! Those strawberries are nothing short of awesome! And the boys who made ’em are pretty cute, too. I hope you’re having a terrific Mother’s Day.

48. Helene 48

I love my 2 boys. I also have a daughter. Your boys are so cute and I love what they did for you.

Happy Mother’s Day!

49. Maureen 49

Happy Mother’s Day Cathy! I loved reading the boys’ responses to your questions. It must be fun to have 2 such beautiful boys.

50. ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!!

Happy Mom’s Day to you! EnJOY your day (I know I sure am . . . it’s all my way. I’m off to soak in a lavender scented tub with a good read.)

; D

51. K 51

I liked the interview, and those strawberries do look divine. Happy Mother’s Day. :)

52. Carol 52

What a wonderful post, Cathy. Your boys are precious. Isn’t it amazing what falls out of their mouths when you ask them questions like this? I don’t think my daughter Robin would dare venture into this territory with her 2 boys-the 9 year old’s answers may make her hair stand on end….no wait…the almost 2 year old’s might! :)
    Happy Mother’s Day to you!

53. Biz 53

Your boys are beautiful! Loved the Q & A!

Happy Mother’s Day Cathy!

54. Melissa 54

So sweet Cathy. They did a great job. And the interview was priceless. It had me laughing and I liked seeing how they see you. It says a lot about you.

Happy Mother’s Day!

55. Linda 55

Yummy strawberries, gorgeous flowers, great kids! You’re blessed.

56. elle 56

Hi Cathy. I just started reading your blog a few days ago. I must say your children are so adorable! Reading that survey made me laugh out loud, hard :D! I wonder how old they are!

Happy Mother’s Day to you :)

57. Bren 57

how great your boys are for thinking of you in such a sweet way! my sis and I made a 6 course brunch for our mom (since he was her b-day too) and the family! It was great!! hope you had a lovely one!

58. Mere 58

Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks for sharing the laughs!

Ah yes, a husband who follows your rules and fixes everything you break.

60. annbb 60

What a wonderful Mom’s day you had!
    And so very deserved.

61. Susan 61

Them answers made me laugh!…you got to love it lol

Oh my God I was laughing so hard at they’re answers!! I loved this!!

63. Precious! I love your boys. Look at how much they have learned from you just by watching what you do! They didn’t just make chocolate strawberries they made art! Awesome! Love the interviews.

64. MODman 64

Ok, that is adorable. My 5 yr old daughter has said that she wants to be a pastry chef just like dad. I wanted to squeeze her to death. Then she made a “guanaja chocolate sauce” in her easy bake oven. Couldn’t you just eat them up (and their creations)?

65. Laurie 65

Happy Mother’s Day, Cathy! Your sweeties did an awesome job on the strawberries and their answers to the questions cracked me up.

66. Lynn 66

Oh man do your little guys slay me with that interview. I burst out laughing on the ‘what does mom do for work’ one. Just a gem of an interview.

My best, Lynn

67. OMG, I just read these to my hubby, and we both died (no children yet here). Oh sooo darling. And your boys are super cute. Happy Mothers Day.

68. Jude 68

Happy Mother’s Day! You seem like a way cool mom.

69. Hilary 69

Hi Cathy .. looks great .. and I hope all you mother’s had great days .. fruit in chocolate is delicious .. I love Cape gooseberries ..

Hilary Melton-Butcher
    Positive Letters

70. Awwww, how sweet is that? I love the question and answer series-sometimes you are surprised about what they really know about you. I’m sure you are no where near 57 :)

71. what a great post. your kids are awesome! i don’t have kids yet, but i was always scared of what it would be like to raise boys, but now i think i’d want one! so cute… the answers are awesome. i love that your youngest son thinks you’re 11ft. tall.

72. Jamie 72

Those strawberries are amazing! Maybe they can just make these for you every week during strawberry season! I wouldn’t mind it! That interview is wonderful, funny and touching.

Your boys are adorable, but as the mother of two boys, be warned! Adolescence hits hard and fast! Then it ain’t as fun! (but still very funny sometimes)

73. LilSis 73

Wow! Those strawberries are pretty darn impressive! Your boys are adorable! Glad you had a great Mothers Day. I also got to spend my day with both my boys, there just a little bigger than yours, 24 & 15.

74. how so incredibly sweet your boys happen to be.

hope your day was wonderful!

ya know, i could really go for a throat massage right now. that’d really hit the spot. :)
    what great boys you have–those berries are luscious, and i can tell they keep you entertained. the boys, not the berries. :)

76. Noble Pig Fan 76

Too cute!! I laughed out loud. I have two boys too, 12 and 14. I would not know what to do with a girl as I grew up with three brothers.

77. Oh Cathy, priceless! If the “throat massage” didn’t make me laugh out loud, your youngest one’s comments did! Oh man, kids are so funny! I love being the mom of two boys also…can’t imagine it any other way, sigh. Happy Mother’s Day!

I love it. The strawberries look AMAZING! They did such a great job.

I want to ask my two kids those questions now. Too funny.

79. I like how one of your sons said you are 11 feet tall! So cute!!

I have two sons and then a daughter. When I had the first son, I felt the same way, “what do I do?” then when I found out I was having another son 2 years later, I was glad that they would be friends. (which now at 13 and 11 they are great buddies!!) and when I was pregant with my 3rd baby after that, I thought I would still be okay with another boy, but got lucky and had my daughter. I’m done having kids, but I couldn’t be happier with what I got!

80. Leslie 80

I love the things that kids say!!!

81. Happy belated Mother’s day!

82. Alanna 82

Aw, I love their answers!!! How cute. What a great idea! Happy mother’s day! :)

What fun! I love the strawberries and am glad you survived your massage. :)

Cathy this was so hilarious and sweet. The throat massage and the fact that you don’t even know how to work are my favorites. Oh and you are finally five years older than me now. So fun and I bet you had a wonderful mothers day.

85. Cheryl 85

Oh NP (May I call you NP?), You (and your boys) are the BEST! (You are too gracious with the shout-out, too…thanks!)

SOOOO happy you did these questions…the boys’ personalities (and all sorts of tidbits about you) just LEAP off the e-page. Their insights on your affinity for their dad made me laugh out loud…as did the “germs” (you say germs, I say DNA 😉 ) you share. What a perfect Mother’s Day. (and they couldn’t be any more handsome. Job well done!)

Happy Belated!

86. How’s he going to reach your neck if you’re 11 feet tall? Hope you lay down for that one!

87. Kari 87

That interview was precious! And, they did a wonderful job with the strawberries. Happy belated Mother’s Day to you!

88. AWESOME post!!!!!!!!!!!!

89. Southern Girl in PDX 89

Ok, seriously HILARIOUS!!! Your boys are too cute. What a great survey and wonderful memories for you! This is my first comment, but have been reading for a while…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog and have passed it on to my sister and girlfriends. You are a great writer/photographer!

90. tipper 90

They did a fantastic job on the strawberries!! Loved all the questions/answers my favorite-you don’t even know how to work. Too cute!

91. The strawberries look great, your kids are amazing! I have a 4 months baby, so I’m new at the job, and your post made me laugh and almost cry…

92. Mai Mai 92

That has got to be the most adorable mother’s day post i’ve ever read.

This is my first time seeing your blog and I absolutely love your recipes (and writing). I hope you don’t mind me adding you to my blog roll. :)

93. Different students that want get a success detect a trustworthy essay writing service to order their sample essay at. That things we do too.

94. That’s well known that cash makes us free. But what to do if one does not have money? The only one way is to get the personal loans or sba loan.

95. The loans suppose to be essential for people, which want to start their own career. In fact, it is not hard to get a commercial loan.

96. International Civil Litigation and the interests of the public