A couple of weeks ago I posted some pictures of my boys standing next these massive logs on our vineyard property. They were left behind by the logging company and needed a new home. In other words, they needed to get.
Yesterday they were hauled away. Maybe they will be used to build a new home or potentially someone’s new winery.
Overall it’s a massive undertaking. Can you tell?
We wish we could have used the logs ourselves but the timing was off.
The road around the perimeter of the property continues to take shape. Willie continues to bulldoze his way around, bringing the road together in certain areas.
And the update you have been waiting for, the fence. I am still amazed how many emails I get about the fence so here’s what’s happening.
After the property line survey report was completed, the neighbors agreed to allow us to move the fence onto the “real property line” and for good will we agreed (at our cost) to extend this white fence up the hill about 300 feet for aesthetic purposes. It hasn’t been done yet because the ground is too wet to complete the project.
It comes apart easily, but the poles are cemented in the ground. Hopefully we will be able to finish the fence saga soon.
This is one of the thousands of trees we were required to plant to replenish the forest. The areas of land we are currently not developing into vineyard must be maintained by us and remain in forestry production. The trees seem to be doing well but it is a constant battle to keep the blackberries and other overgrown brush away from these tender young firs.
We continue to be surrounded by some stellar individuals who make this whole project possible. We could not do it without them. Willie is of course an invaluable member of our team. Thanks again for dislodging the log stuck under the Wild Boar’s car last week, he was quite grateful.
And Jim, thanks for being on site yesterday and taking the time to send me some of these pictures, that was awesome!
One Year Ago Today: Is This Where All the Money Is Going?
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @TheFoodieAffair: Warm up with a cup of cocoa topped with frozen peppermint mocha whipped cream! https://t.co/EnEBaj3H3A #chocolate… https://t.co/pdx2oU7oDc, 13 hours ago
- RT @cookierookiebec: APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the easiest (and BEST) way to enjoy #christmas #baking! #spon @ReynoldsWrap… https://t.co/DCMXzStUoR, 13 hours ago
- RT @Anns_Life: Hungarian Christmas Cookies #recipe https://t.co/4aRPjcJotC #recipeoftheday #foodie https://t.co/gWKdsckttK, 13 hours ago
- RT @SlowCookerSarah: Slow Cooker Bacon Barbecue Chicken Dip with @sbrbbq sauce! Serve with garlic bread. #ad https://t.co/wY7qqYEjOt https://t.co/ajejdM0MbB, 13 hours ago
- RT @BoulderLocavore: No open fire required to roast these chestnuts: The Best Roasted Chestnuts https://t.co/OwkT22PBOL https://t.co/KcAMN0GIqB, 13 hours ago