I know, another lame title. My brain is fried. I have spent the past several days knee deep in receipts, expenses and paperwork in preparation for the filing of our taxes on April 15th. I'm still not done.
Could I be any more last minute?
It's hard to get motivated to get things organized any earlier since we always have to pay.
Anyways, there is nothing like a cookie when it comes to lightening up a boring job, especially a Sweet Potato Spice Cookie. These are of course another genius invention by some potato lover somewhere. They are just so, so good; soft, chewy and crunchy. The perfect cookie trifecta.
If you are currently up to your ears in tax receipts, these cookies would be a good distraction.
Here's what you will need: Butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, sweet potato, orange juice concentrate, all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ground nutmeg, quick-cooking oats, butterscotch chips, coconut and pecans.
Combine 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in an egg, sweet potato and 3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
Stir in 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips, 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats, 1 cup coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets 2 inches apart. However if you use a baking mat or parchment, greasing is not necessary. I also pushed 5-6 extra butterscotch chips into the tops of my cookies. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 14-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
These are healthy right?
Who doesn't need a collage of cookies?
Just make them.
Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
One Year Ago: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
Noble Pig Men’s T-Shirt$19.00
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- I want them all! Chocolate Peanut Butter #Cookies https://t.co/oFv3h7LvU9 via @Buns_In_My_Oven https://t.co/5OpgMOc1Vb, 5 hours ago
- Why does the power only go out when it's dark? @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/ufNz3KBWiq, 16 hours ago
- Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies https://t.co/hkE31T5x64 #NationalBrownieDay https://t.co/TF4frt92wr, 19 hours ago
- #snowmageddon2016 in #Mcminnville #oregon. We love our red barns out here. https://t.co/zMG6ruNhDr, 20 hours ago
- Lots of snow in #McMinnville today. #snowmageddon2016 #oregon https://t.co/IC9NGGTd1l, 20 hours ago