The snow has finally melted at our property in Oregon and the weather is currently very conducive to getting some much needed work done.
The area where the well was drilled last April is in a very shady location and remains quite muddy.
Several loads of rock were delivered to the area and spread to help with the mud factor, making it easier to work.
Willie is framing and building the pump house for the well and a small out-building for equipment.
Here is the well head inside of the framed future pump house. The pump was finally installed a couple of days ago. This will also house the pressure tanks you see to the right.
This will function as a domestic well and backup the primary vineyard irrigation once we obtain water rights. We installed a large enough pump to be able to pump water uphill to the homesite and vineyard area. The pump itself sits about 120 feet under the ground.
We will have to power the pump with an electrical generator until the electric company is ready to run lines up the hill to this point. We're not quite ready for that to take place as we're still considering our options and making sure we install the right amount of power lines to support our home, vineyard and winery plans. We want to do it right the first time.
Again, Willie's handiwork on the pump house. The hay provides extra insulation to help prevent freezing of the fresh concrete.
My boys were so excited when they saw this photo, they thought Willie had started building our home. Sadly, that is soooooo not happening yet.....but it will. One day soon. I hope.