Are you still scrambling to find your "cubicle mates" at work the perfect holiday gift? You know, the people you spend so much of your life with but really don't know them....all that well.
You want to make a nice gesture but let's face it, you don't want to spend a fortune. I would have loved to get this for a holiday gift when I worked in a corporate setting. This Potato Soup Mix is the perfect present for people working in an office situation and sometimes can't leave at lunchtime to grab a bite.
By adding a cup of hot water to a half-cup of soup mix to a bowl, presto, lunch is served.
You could make the presentation much cuter by adding fabric to the lid or hanging a little ornament from the ribbon.
If you really like your "cubicle friends" set the jar in a cute bowl with a spoon and a half-cup scoop and wrap it up in cellophane with a big bow. You could even get crazier by adding a bag of cute crackers.
But either the jar by itself or the pimped out bowl version would make a great gift.
I'll show you how to put this together...
Here's what you'll need: Instant mashed potato flakes, dry milk powder, chicken bouillon granules, dried chopped onion, dried parsley, ground white pepper, dried thyme, ground tumeric and seasoning salt.
In a large bowl combine 2 cups instant mashed potato flakes, 1-1/2 cups dry milk powder, 1-1/2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules, 2 teaspoons dried minced onion, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt. Make sure to mix until you have a completely homogeneous mixture.
Pour mixture into a quart sized jar.
Then makes your jars cute. You're done. Shopping crisis solved.
Potato Soup Mix
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until a homogeneous mixture is achieved. Pour into a one quart jar.
- Attach the following instructions: To serve, place 1/2 cup soup mix in bowl. Stir in 1 cup boiling water until smooth.