Happy Holidays

The very word Christmas brings happiness to the mind and heart.  Regardless of the rushing, long lines, endless gift lists and cards that were sent…on Christmas Day we are transported and reminded of the same warm feelings we had as children, the same feelings that now fill our own hearts and homes.

May the warmth and joy of the holiday season fill your hearts with happiness and peace.

The above picture was our Christmas Card this year, taken in Oregon on our property.  The hooligans decorated one of the many thousands of Douglas Firs planted to replenish the parts of the forest we are currently not developing.

The cookie platters have all been delivered.  This year’s goods included:

Lemon Squares
Double Ginger Crackles
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
Raggedy Robins
Chinese-Five Spice Oatmeal
Chocolate Soufflé Cookies
Hand-Dipped Chocolate Chip Pretzels and Peanut Butter Pies
Potato-Chip Cookies

I also received something very special in the mail from one of my favorite food bloggers Kim, A Yankee in a Southern Kitchen, from South Carolina.  Kim has a beautiful blog where she cooks mouthwatering Southern food that is not only beautiful but tastes amazing.  I can vouch for that because look what she sent me!

Kim made this to die for fruitcake.  If you do not like fruitcake, it’s because you have never had one made with such quality ingredients and aged to perfection in bourbon.  I cannot even begin to tell you how exquisite this fruitcake really is.  Honestly, I can’t even believe it’s in my kitchen.  Here is Kim’s recipe, I hope I can do it justice one day.  Thank you Kim for this magnificent creation and for making my week with this cake!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Enjoy!

1. Merry Christmas, Cathy, to you and your family, where ever you are today!

2. My mouth is watering over that cake!!

Your hooligans and their tree are beautiful. I hope your Christmas/Hanukkah is warm and happy!!!

I would love to be caught up in your whirlwind holidays. You sure do cover a lot of territory and accomplish so much! The hooligans look so grown up in that picture. Scrumptious cookies and homemade fruitcake…You are truly blessed! Thanks for the past year of sharing your life and your recipes with all of us. I am looking forward to next year reading The Noble Pig.

Happy Holidays to you and your family Cathy!

I’ve bookmarked that cake! I wish I had seen it before as I had been searching for a to die for fruitcake recipe to make this year!

5. Becky 5

Happy Holidays to all at Noble Pig!!!

6. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

7. megan 7

That is quite a tray of cookies! And that is quite a fruitcake! Someday I’ll get up the nerve to try a fruitcake. :)
    Merry Christmas!

8. HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Have a wonderful day =)

And wow – that fruitcake looks intense (in a good way).

9. Oops – Happy Hanukkah to you and yours too! My boyfriend…erm fiancee is Jewish so I look forward to celebrating both in my home in the years to come.. Better practice that noodle kugel!

10. Marlene 10

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. I look forward to a long and wonderful friendship where you continue to constantly inspire me as you do.

Enjoy your day!

Marlene

11. I love your Christmas card! Happy holidays to you and your family – I hope it’s full of love and good food:)

Do you have a full time staff or something? Otherwise, I don’t know how you find the time to do so many wonderful things…

Hoping your Christmas is very merry and wishing you Happy Hanukkah too!

13. Let me get this straight: you celebrate BOTH holidays? You must be a saint or have an awesome Xanex prescription.

Your boys are so adorable. I think they should come live with us.

Happy Holidays to you and your family Cathy!

15. Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! Thank you for all you have done for us this past year!! You really were a huge help to us and you are so appreciated by us all!!

16. KathyB. 16

The picture of the Hooligans is a keeper, that’s for sure….and that tree will be so tall when they are grown ! You can get ladders out for them to decorate it then…the home made cookies and packages are the best, and I’ve printed up the recipes for my next year’s gift giving.

I did not like fruit cake until I tasted my Father-in-law’s, and the fruit cake you have pictured looks like his! His fruitcake is sooooo good I actually get a craving for it at other times of the year. He leaves a lot of the candied stuff out that I think takes away from a good fruitcake. Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Chanuka to all of you !

17. lo 17

Wishing you a totally delicious holiday… and a ton of great things in 2009. Glad to have spent most of 2008 in your company!

18. Happy Holidays Cathy!

19. Right back at you Cathy and Co.! All the best;)

20. ELRA 20

Chanuka Sameach and Merry christmas to you and your family, Cathy.
    Xoxo,
    Elra

21. May the God Who is the God of both holidays bless you in the year to come.

22. Cathy: Thank you for sharing your beautiful holiday traditions with those of us fortunate enough to have discovered your blog. Peace and joy to you and yours!

23. Happy Holidays, Cathy!

24. sassy 24

Wishing your family a very Merry Christmas, thank you for all the mouth watering recipes, and great reading!

25. Shirley 25

Such beautiful photos, with the one of your hooligans being my absolute favorite! Thanks so much for sharing them and all your tales and fabulous recipes this year. It’s always a wonderful treat to come here! Happy holidays, Cathy!!!

26. Kristin 26

What a gorgeous cookie platter! Thanks for all of your wonderful blogging this year.

27. Oh my — too unbelievably cute (your kids primarily … though the pillows, fruitcake and cookies are lovely too!) Happy Holidays!!

Merry Christmas, Cathy! Your boys certainly are handsome. And I was a bad girl this year and used store-bought pierogies. They were still very good. :)

WOW! Love that goodie basket (especially the “home made” sticker! The boys look so handsome next to the decorated tree! What a clever shot! Best wishes to you for a wonderful holiday season!

30. Season’s greetings and a delicious new year! Your boys are adorable =)

The boys and their tree look so cute. Your cookie platters sound delicious – what a wonderful gift. Happy holidays!

32. Kyddryn 32

Did I read that right? Your son has a birthday on January 3? So des mine! One year behind yours, though – he’s turning six…in a week. Yikes!

A belated happy Chritstmahannukwanzakuh to you and yours.

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

33. What a cute Christmas card–love it!!

OMG–I love fruit cake and I can tell that’s a good one!!

34. Kayola 34

Your sons are adorable! And YOU ARE AMAZING! Your goody plate absolutely put mine to shame…

35. Cath,
    Looks like a great holiday!
    That crown roast of pork is beautiful.
    I’ve never made one before.

I LOVE that fruitcake, and if you can get Kim to make me one, I will PAY HER!
    I am one of the lovers for dried fruits and nuts, that is why I made that panforte!
    Happy Merry!
    Stace

I hope your holidays were wonderful. It looked like it and that photo for your card is adorable. I love that you celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. Lovely for the boys.