I was ecstatic to be reminded of an old tradition by Martha Stewart in her magazine this month.
I remember doing this on New Year's Eve with some foreign friends many, many years ago and everyone had a lot of fun partaking in the simple ritual.
According to Martha, it's a Spanish tradition (my friends were French) to quickly eat a dozen grapes at midnight.
The fruit being a predictor of the year ahead: Each sweet grape representing a good month, each sour grape a less-than-lucky one.
So join the fun, thread a bunch of grapes onto skewers and serve each in a glass of Champagne right before the countdown.
This is great because children and non-drinkers can also participate. Just put the skewer in Sparkling Apple Cider or whatever beverage you are serving for the toast.
I hope you get all sweet-ones!
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @Shockinglydlish: #NightCereal is a thing! Chai oats, #bacon, mango... https://t.co/u9UkmmanTm #FoodLovesMilk @GotMilk #ad https://t.co/hXjeRfcIrd, 5 hours ago
- RT @BakeEatRepeat: Lemon berry no bake cheesecake cups - fast, easy, sweet and creamy! #EagleBrandSummer #ad https://t.co/kSiuoZF5MX https://t.co/SqdqFJEJHu, 5 hours ago
- RT @cookingandbeer: New! Chili Cheese Corn Dogs are over on the blog today! https://t.co/5Bwi3NceeG https://t.co/bUwLj8ySTF, 5 hours ago
- RT @CrunchyCreamySw: 👉👉Stuffed Pepper Rice Skillet -fast, easy thanks to @UncleBens Ready Rice! 😊 https://t.co/Jb6IWQAFaA #sponsored #ad https://t.co/UPkUhJLwKd, 5 hours ago
- RT @EatsnSweets: Pepperoni Pizza Bites baking in 5 mins! @MezzettaFoods #ad recipe https://t.co/BHZlOjA61F https://t.co/TDrhpmR2f7 https://t.co/FY3oJqvZc0, 5 hours ago