Pumpkin Pie Martini

So Fall is upon us, even though it's 87 degrees out.  Seriously, when is summer going to end?  Soon all the holiday entertaining will begin, it's inevitable.

I always think it's fun to offer your guests a couple of beverage choices.  Champagne is always a good celebratory drink and wine and beer are no-brainers.  But come on, don't you want to do something different?  Something to make your gathering more memorable?  I know you do.

All you have to do is offer up these Pumpkin Pie Martini's and your party will be a hit.  No one will forget these very special cocktails or maybe they will forget everything...depending on how many they have.

I really can't decide if these drinks should be served during happy hour or with dessert.  They just need to make an appearance at some point.  If it's cold out, these will be the perfect offering to warm everyone up.

Come on, get the turkey in the oven and let's whip these up!

Here's what you'll need to whip these up: Vanilla vodka, Creme de Cacao, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice.

Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.  Add 1/4 cup vanilla vodka, 1/4 cup Creme de Cacao, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.  Shake well.  Strain the cocktail into glasses. Enjoy.

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to use different shaped glasses.  In fact it's more fun!

Now, once you hand the lovely looking martini over to your guest, grab your can of Reddi Whip and encircle the rim with whipped cream.  This will truly make every sip taste like pumpkin pie.

And here is your virtual cocktail napkin.  I know you wanted it.

Print Recipe

Pumpkin Pie Martini

Recipe from: Inspiration from Everyday | Serves: 2

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup vanilla vodka
  • 1/4 cup Creme de Cacao
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions

• Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the vodka, Creme de Cacao, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice. Shake well. Strain the cocktail into glasses.

Halloween-A-Day-Photo

I purchased these rocks years ago, I have no idea from where.  Maybe Oriental Trading Company?  They look really cool as table decorations or sitting together in a white dish surrounding a spooky candle.  Eye of Newt is my favorite.

Halloween Party Menu

I threw a Halloween party several years ago and served a dinner buffet.  I came across the old menu today and thought I would share it with you.  I think you will enjoy it.

Dinner

Bread of the Dead
Puked up "Whole" Potatoes
Snouts and Beans
Necrotic Noodle Salad in Vomit Vinaigrette
Neutered Balls in a Ball Sack Reduction
Infectious Mad Cow Surprise

For Dessert

Compost Cookies
Chocolate-Layered-Armpit-Hair-Cake
Poisoned Pear & Bitter Almond Tart
Kitty Litter Cake

Sounds good doesn't it?

1. Appetizing menu, for sure! Very creative. Those kitty litter cakes look so authentically gross.

That pumpkin martini not only looks lovely, but sounds absolutely delectable!

2. Oh my GAWD! I love you. I really really do. This is the bestest, awesomest drink EVER! I have to make this. Like, today. Well, maybe tomorrow. Or, both. LOL Your Halloween menu sounds spectacular! Do you happen to have pics or recipes? I’m in the midst of planning my goulish bash, and some of those things sound like they need to be on the menu! 😀

3. Ho. Lee. Crow.

I am making those as soon as I am done with this Biggest Loser Challenge.

I love creamy drinks. Too bad they don’t love my ass.

Finally got my internet back after hurricane Ike! Good to see you again. Those pumpkin martinis sound like just the thing we need this evening. Also the menu for the Halloween party is the most gross thing I have ever seen! But great to put you in the mood for a spooky Halloween party. I spent all day reading your previous blogs, (all the ones I have missed for the past three weeks). Congratulations on the clearing of the property…no doubt the excitement is overwhelming. Following you through this adventure is going to be great, and your recipes will be a great stress reliever for us folks out here cleaning up after the hurricane!

5. That is quite the menu. And you had me at martini.

6. Marcy 7

oh yummy….

7. Love that virtual cocktail! (Bet I’d love what’s in the glasses as well.)
    When I was around your hooligans ages, a neighborhood lady always had story time at Halloween. We kids would sit in a circle holding a piece of a sheet in one hand and with the other hand underneath the sheet. As she would tell a spooky creepy story, she’d pass around things for “body parts.” The only ones I remember – and there were at least 8 of them, were a mass of overcooked noodles for brains, a dried apricot for a ear, and there was something for a finger….can’t remember what that was.
    I LIVED for Halloween story time for years! She also had a Halloween menu (which made me think of story time), but I know not as good as yours.
    Thanks for stirring up the memory.

Oh, and thanks for wading through all that Damn Spam this morning over at the old TSC blog. How irritating!

8. I can feel myself getting drunk now….
    I want the recipes to that dinner menu do you have them! It’s sounds so cool!

Ball sack reduction? LOLOLOL!
    Cath it is almost 9am here and I am sitting “patiently” in my home waiting for my new fridge to arrive. You know the week I’ve had; I can’t tell you how much I would love to have a few of these martini’s with you to chat, gossip and bitch. I’m so ready…..

10. Marlene 11

That sounds REALLY yummy? Now, those martini’s on the other hand…thanks for posting that and with photos. I jyst love pumpkin anything.

11. Becky 12

Your wine glasses are beautiful. Love the menu and the painted rocks!

12. Katie 13

Oh man, that sounds delicious!!

13. The menu sounds……..YUMM-O. I am sure it was all delicious Cathy. I would start with several of these pumpkin cocktails thank you:D

14. you totally crack me up! “your virtual cocktail napkin – you know you wanted it” – ha ha ha! how did you know how badly I wanted it!?

as for this delicious and decadent tini, well it looks like starbucks will sell the non-alcoholic version soon. yum.

15. Oh Cathy I love this! And the one with the whipped cream around the rim looks extra pretty … You have the most amazing halloween props too, love the stones

16. I have got to make that martini for my mother-in-law. She would love it! She had one recently that tasted like apple pie. She said it was unreal how much it tasted like apple pie. She will love this one…

Love that Halloween menu! I would love to make it but it’s just going to be the hubby and I on Halloween. The kid is going to a party this year.

17. I love the serving glasses!

18. I have this recipe clipped from RR. I too was wondering when exactly I could serve it. Maybe a decadent happy hour? Maybe a late night drinkie treat? They look awesome :)

19. Thank you for coming up with what drinks to serve at Thanksgiving!! Would it be better to serve these before or after the meal?

Your Halloween dinner menu is to die for! And those rocks are very cool!

20. Louise 21

I think the glass with the curly-Q stem shows how you’ll feel if you partake in more than one of these beauties!

21. Fran 22

The martini’s sound delish! I miss all the excitement of Halloween that we had when our children were still young. I still decorate, but not quite as much and it’s just not the same. I hope you all have a great time!

Our temp’s are in the 60’s today. I love it!

Fran

22. ELRA 23

Cathy,
    Just got up this morning, open your blog and all I say say is that I am having a hard time to enjoy my coffee because of your creepy menu, ha…ha..ha…
    I know Cathy, I am bad! Anyway let me just starring at your pumpkin martini instead. Hmmm…. I need my coffee now!

23. ELRA 24

Oh I forgot,
    That napkin, where did you get it? I really want it!

Of course, your photo would feature many different glasses. Now I want some. If only my cupboards and china cabinets weren’t stuffed….

It’s going to warm up to 65 today. It was 55 yesterday and 49 the day before, so no one here will be griping about being warm!

25. Sandie 26

Pumpkin martinis sound surprisingly appealing to me, and it’s only 9:43 AM…on a THURSDAY!

Getting back to my coffee…your Halloween menu sounds positively putrid. I LOVE IT!! You are definitely the Halloween Queen!

Come on everyone, party at Cathy’s house! 😉

26. tipper 27

Love the rocks-bet they’d be easy to make too!

27. I am loving those drinks – and I don’t even like pumpkin pie I could put away a couple I’m sure. So much for my trying to cut back alcohol consumption!

I’m hoping your buffet is figurative right? 😉

I’m envying you the warm weather. Granted it’s in the low 70s in NY today, so I have nothing to complain about, but I miss summer.

28. I’ve got a friend those martinis would be perfect for!

It won’t get cold here until December. Blah.

29. Teri 30

Oooh cute rocks…. Gosh, you’re going to keep giving us new things to look at every day till Halloween??? Still amazed! Pretty twirly tini glass too! You’re pictures are more fun than window shopping now!

30. Now that is my kind of “tini” looks so wonderful.

31. Lisa 32

I was really warming up to that Pumpkin Pie Martini, before you grossed me out at the end. :-)

Though I have a slight aversion to Pumpkin Pie (maybe it’s the pumpkin texture) these drinks are so pretty and so appropriate I’ve got to try them. They could end up being the antidote to my Thanksgiving dessert issues. And I really love the side view of the glasses.

32. Lo 33

How did you know that I needed a martini already at this early hour??!!

Love those rocks!

33. Can I come over?

34. Cheryl 35

Do you think if I consume enough of the festive martinis it will prevent osteoporosis? Heavy cream is calcium rich, isn’t it? Yummy yum yum…and why is it that while ALL of your recipes look scrumptious, the only ones I think I can accomplish are the beverages.
    Uh oh. 😉

35. Leslie 36

I feel tipsy just looking at these!
    Oh and I love Kitty litter cake…so fun!

36. Katie 37

Ok my favorite fall flavor and I can get drunk from it. Sounds like a winner to me!

37. Oh my those drinks look so yummy! I am going to have to run out and buy me some vodka!

38. Ooh, if there’s one thing thatI LOVE it’s cocktails!! How do you make the virtual cocktail napkins? THey’re the bees knees.

39. Tammy 40

Kitty litter cake….I’m afraid to even ask…
    Great menu ideas though…thanks for starting my day with a chuckle!

40. sharon 41

Oooh, delicious. It may only be 10am but I want one of those so badly! I happen to have all the ingredients too…hmm.

41. Oh Good Lord Almighty. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things PUMPKIN!!! Of all the crap I’ve been through and am going through and have managed NOT to start drinking… Girl, this little recipe may have pushed me over the edge. I’m gonna make me two and drink em both tonight! Weight Watchers or NOT. Thanks for that.

42. Kraysian 43

mmmm pumpkin martinis sound delicious..
    I have to make them immediately :)

43. I’ll pass on the drink but I loved the Halloween menu.

You so have to make all those dishes and post them on your blog…so I can steal it all for when I have a Halloween party! We’re still running the air conditioner around here so it’s hard to think of Turkeys and the holidays just yet.

45. Pumpkin Pie Martini!!!! What a great drink. Wonderful idea…maybe I will just forget about the pie and head straight for this!

what an interesting drink! i don’t booze much, but i’ve gotta admit, this’d be hard to push away. maybe i’m just not being introduced to the right kinds of booze… :)

47. would you post the menus for this buffet,please :)

Especially the necrotic salad- that sounds soo kwel

48. Harmony 49

These look great!! I am definitely trying this one…and the Rocks..LOVE them…I am going to have to find some.

I’m bookmarking this for the holidays, these sound and look sooooo good!

50. maris 51

I would have NEVER thought of a pumpkin pie martini but what a fun idea!

I love Halloween, fun decorating, fun recipes, great time of year!

51. Rayrena 52

Why are you trying to make me fat. Happy. But fat too!

52. Amber 53

What a fun dinner menu. Your friends and neighbors must love how fun you are, not to mention your husband.
    The drinks are great and the virtual napkin, no idea how you did that.
    And another thing I forgot…the comment yesterday from someone about the lone tree being on your label, I vote yes yes yes, if you are taking a vote.
    How is Willie?

53. Lore 54

I looks pretty darn good and I for one have never heard about pumpkin pie martini!

54. Leah Q 55

Absolutely love the menu! I should dig up my own Halloween menus and concoct something up for my own site… thanks for the reminder….! And those drinks look delicious, I am pretending my coffee is one of them! yummers! :-O

55. Oh my god, those sound fantastic. I’m not a big fan of flavoured vodkas, but for this drink, I would make an exception. yumyumyum!

56. i want one of these right now. it’s 10:13 am.

57. Oh, do I need one of those right now or what, Cathy? Work is killing me here.

58. ok you had me swooning with the drink and then nearly got me with the pukin taters, lawdy it is hard to gross out a nurse but that menu is a mess!
    Not two drinks, but one and that sounds so delicous, decadent, and FATTENING! I want one for Christmas, make it for me. What’s the fastest express mail?

Oh this is hilarious. Some of those dishes must have been really appetizing. It reminds me of this one cake I saw at a 40th birthday party. It was a pile of human excrement with corn and hair. The grossest thing I ever saw and was so realistic that I couldn’t eat a bite.

60. I have stolen two of your pics from this post and put on my blog Fizz, not my main blog, but appropriate. The photos will link to your post for the recipe. Have a check, I hope this meets with your approval.

Love the menu, that sounds awesomely gruesome. My kids would have gone yummy, even after translating to Portuguese.

One of my main blogs is (there are others):
    link to tomusarcanum.blogspot.com

AV

61. This looks amazing!! Pinning!