Mind In The Gutter

See this swing?  It hangs in the front yard of a house I often drive by.

I understand it’s supposed to be a horse made out of a tire, I get that.

But seriously, I can’t help but think this swing is used for other things I won’t mention here!

Don’t you think it should be in the back yard?

I’ll go pick up my mind from the proverbial gutter now.  Forgive me.

It just really creeps me out.

1. Looks like the plastic covers on the exam table at my gynecologist’s. I refuse to speculate further, but that sure as heck would NOT be hanging in my yard.However, the kids probably have a great time on it…and speaking of kids, wonder how the kids would play with the exam stuff in the doctor’s office ?KathyB.

2. Alan 2

I may be dense but I cannot see what else you would do with it but swing. Maybe it’s a man thing again but I can’t see anything sinister.

LOL its your mind … to me the little kid in me says WOW I wish I had a swing like that. I think its pretty inventive and much better than the misquito beds that always hung around the neighborhoods when I was young.
    Happy Saturday!
    Laura
    Ps. Thank you for the comments on my SWF pictures :) that one of shelby I particularly love.

4. Marcy 4

Oh no Cathy, you are not alone in the imagination department. Some restaurants here sell those and have them hanging out front on the porch to view. After dinner recreation anyone? kind of scary…

I don’t believe it is meant for any other reason than a horse swing. Just because it is hideous looking it should be in the back yard. I agree with you there! What do your boys think about it? They might think it is cool. It looks like something from a “redneck” joke. Are there other items of “junk” lying around? Does the owner go by the name of “Bubba”?

6. Well, at first I was like is it a horse, cool, my sons room is a cowboy theme. Then after I read your delightful post I’m thinking, KY, anybody?

7. Whatever happened to a regular tire?

8. JulenaJo 8

Hahahaha!
    You made me laugh first thing in the morning. No mean feat! Thank you!
    BTW–you’re a funny, funny lady.

Ooooh. See, I didn’t get that whole horse thing. I was wondering why you’d post a picture of some twisted OB/GYN stirrup contraption.

10. Shirley 10

Chuckle. Thanks for the morning laugh, Cathy! Yes, I get it. I have seen these and thought they were hideous looking for sure. Somehow they disturbed me, too. And, now I can totally imagine the other uses …

11. I guess I’ve been around my (southern husband/kids/Texans) too long to see anything other than the tire swing my boys have wanted since they saw it at the local feed store. Yes you read that right, feed store.

12. I used to want one of those so badly for the kids when they were little, but I never could justify spending however much it was on an old tire. I kept thinking, “We could *make* that, couldn’t we?” So, the cheapskate in me never allowed it and now my kids are too old for it.

Dh and I might not be too old though. I’m trying to think how else that might be used, but your post makes it sound like it could be fun. We do have a little more money than we did when the kids were young, so maybe I could justify it with my inner tightwad.

Some of the comments about ob/gyn exam table do NOT make it sound like fun though. I know the Wild Boar is an ob/gyn, so I hope you aren’t too upset to hear that I avoid those special little visits! “Annual” means every 10 years when not pregnant, right?

13. hmm…growing up at our house we just how a tire swing. how pedestrian compared to this. lolz.

14. Reminds me of some sort of torture contraption. If it were in a basement, I’d worry!
    And no, I wouldn’t want it in my front yard!

15. We have that exact same swing and now I am wondering what people have been thinking.

16. I suspect your vision is due to the profession of the Wild Boar?

Although my first thought was, WHAT???

17. Cassie 17

It should be in the basement with the whips and chains. *giggle*

18. If the horse is rockin’–don’t come a knockin’!

19. My first thought was … uh … what is that thing on the left supposed to do, strap your arm (or leg) in?

I didn’t see the horse until you said it so my mind must be even deeper in the gutter … great … 😉

20. Harmony 20

Hmmm…I see a horse. Is it too early to have my mind in the gutter? I never thought that day would come. So what am I missing out on?

21. sassy 21

I guess my imagination has gone to the dogs, right along with my body. I see a horse swing.

I have even imagined it swinging over a bed and it just makes me scratch my head and yell, giddy up.

22. Sorry I’ve been away, Cathy… This is too funny! Definitely needs to be in the back yard!

23. Sandie 23

I can’t help but wonder…did you walk into their front yard to snap this shot, or did you use a telephoto lens and sit in the car?

And to whomever wrote, “If the horse is a rockin’—don’t come a knockin’,” well, hot darn, that’s just too funny at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. It’s gonna be a good weekend!

24. that is seriously creepy. What is wrong with people?!!

I could not tell what it was–but I have no problem with its existence. Maybe I have no imagination? :)

26. krysta 26

hate to see what’s in their basement.

27. Have you seen that episode of Sex and the City cause I can’t see any swing without thinking about Samantha.

28. ELRA 28

Cathy,
    I don’t know how to respond to this bizarre object! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? I guess!

29. Uhhhm, I’m clueless here. I’ve heard of sex swings, but I totally can’t figure that thing out.
    Maybe get George Clooney on it, and he can use me as a practice ‘dummy’ to explain the rest… :)

30. Even though I’m good at spacial concepts, this one eludes me!

31. LOL…looks like something you’d see on Cinemax after midnight. Definitely for the backyard. 😉

32. Amber 32

This is too funny. Now giddy up is going to be with me all day long.

33. Claudia 33

Backyard??! Hell no. I need that in my BEDROOM. 😉

34. Amber 34

Okay this is interesting looking, even creative. I think kids would love it but I see a butchered horse which is sick.

But I am so glad I am not the only one with a dirty mind. I mean I am 51 and still think a good dirty joke is the funniest.

35. Leslie 35

You crack me up! But since you brought it up.It looks like something you would find in some S & M dungon!

36. Teri 36

Wow, they say you can tell a lot about yourself AND your neighbor by snooping on what your neighbor has in their yard or house (it was an article in a magazine I think it was Real Simple or something). Your neighbor just happened to reveal a lot just in their front yard!!! I don’t think i’d probably go any further!!

Here’s what I learned about myself from your picture… I was thinking… uh, Children of The Corn. The horse is rather scary looking without eyes and the hollow face and all. Rather grim looking. I can picture it swinging in the wind at night. Guess that reveals a little bit about me too now. Too many scary movies! No more HBO for me!

You are so funny! Always making everyone laugh and so many funny comments here! It beats the serious news!

37. I agreee. It should be in the back yard. Not because it’s offensive, I just always think swings of any nature should be in the back yard.

Um..yeah. I’m with you. Maybe if it didn’t have the back part? Nope, not even then.

39. Leah Q 39

Woah nelly now, yeah I can easily agree with you and I hope their backyard has a high fence to umm keep this one horse town neighbor of yours locked up..lol

40. You know all I saw was a child’s swing. Even after reading your note all I see is a child’s swing. Must be something wrong with me.

41. If they have that in their front yard, I can only imagine what they have in their backyard! 😉

42. I must be stupid. I can’t think of what else it would be used for?????

I didn’t see the horse either till I really lokked at it. This thing should hang in a shrinks office as some kind of a test, like the ink blot test….What do YOU see?? LOL!!

44. I must say that I was influenced by the title of this post, but I TOTALLY see what you are saying. Guess my mind is in the same gutter as yours…

45. Ha!!!!! My old neighbor had one of these and I always thought it looked kinky!

46. Suzette 46

I see where you’re coming from. But, my objection to the thing goes deeper than that. My dad was forever making things out of old tires. Flower pots was his favorite. Big, huge, wildly colored flower pots. And then he’d try to sell them in the front yard. This swing brings up the humiliation those tire crafts brought to my teenage years.

47. Dee 47

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Looks just like a swing to me 😉

Oh Cathy you are bad! Bad to the bone girl!!

I have seen those at the feed store and thought one might be fun for our grandchildren. Scratch that now though. I won’t be able to look at these without feeling kind of dirty.

50. it looks like a toilet seat to me.

51. You’re such a goof ball. :)

52. Lore 52

Lol, I’m with you on this Cathy….in fact I only saw the horse shape after you’ve mentioned it :)

53. I have absolutely no idea what on earth you could be thinking, really I don’t get it. I think maybe if is creepy that I’m thankful to be ignorant about this.
    Just looks like a swing to me.

By the way do you save corks?

Now that you have drawn it to my ever diminishing attention, I see what you’re saying. It looks like some sort of… Ummmm… adult toy. Enough said.

55. Misty 55

Nope, all I see is a swing. I looked & looked at it & tried to imagine other things…still just a swing. Maybe I am naive.

56. Cheryl 56

Think HBO’s “Real Sex” has done a special segment on swings posing as mild-mannered children’s toys…. 😉

57. what creeps me out is that it’s a gun and a holster right? creepy..all around creepy.

58. Xaviera 58

Good evening. Time is on the side of the oppressed today, it’s against the oppressor. Truth is on the side of the oppressed today, it’s against the oppressor. You don’t need anything else.
    I am from Montenegro and , too, and now am writing in English, give true I wrote the following sentence: “The 1985 supplemental draft was also new.”

Thank you very much :D. Xaviera.

59. Natalia 59

Hi everyone. It is never too late to give up our prejudices.
    I am from Oman and too bad know English, please tell me right I wrote the following sentence: “Fines may enter in likewise the investors from one public, or from financial traditionals.”

With respect ;), Natalia.