It's May 1st, which can only mean one thing...a few days until Cinco de Mayo and enjoying these Frozen Peach Margaritas. Woo-hoo!
That means margaritas, chips and salsa, margaritas, carnitas, margaritas. Are you seeing a pattern?
Having previously lived in Southern California where Cinco de Mayo was BIG, we always celebrated with some type of special Mexican meal. For me, the tradition will always live on no matter where I am, and that tradition will always include margaritas.
I would like to share with you one of my favorite margarita recipes. My husband and I concocted this recipe for a margarita contest we entered and WON! It was a long time ago but we still make this margarita as often as we can.
This Frozen Peach Margarita has a fresh and refreshing taste that will soothe your mouth as you eat your salsa-laden burrito this Cinco de Mayo.
So come on, find your lost salt shaker and let's get to blendin'.
Here is what you need if you want to get wasted away in Margaritaville: Tequila, Margarita Mix, Peach Schnapps, frozen or fresh peaches and limes.
This is hands down my favorite tequila. Patron Silver is an ultra-premium spirit with a light and fresh taste. This tequila has an elegant smoothness, allowing you to sip it neat if you choose. In other words, you don't have to shoot it to bypass any harsh flavors, they don't exist here. It remains my only choice for margaritas and other mixers using tequila.
Add 1-1/2 cups of your favorite margarita mix and 1/2 cup tequila to a blender.
Here is the secret ingredient that makes this margarita a special treat...Peach Schnapps. Add 2 ounces to the blenda'.
When you are making these, don't blow out your flip flop or step on a pop top, cut your heel and have to cruise home, because that will be a bummer and you'll have to find someone to blame.
Add 1 cup of crushed ice to the tequila-margarita mixture.
Here is a compromise. Because it's the month of May, I cannot get fresh peaches, so I use frozen. Frozen peaches do not have added sugar and are not really sweet so I add one Tablespoon of sugar to the mixture.
Add 16 ounces of frozen or fresh peaches (about 2 cups) to the blender. If using frozen (or fresh that are not sweet) add 1 Tablespoon of sugar as well.
Blend it up!
Here's what it will look like after you give it a whirl in the blender.
Here is the top view. Holy mother of hope, forgiveness and perpetual help. This.Is.To.Die. For.
Use a cut lime and run it around the rim of your cute margarita glasses. Then dip the rim in kosher salt before you pour in your adult beverage. Use the rest of the lime for garnish.
This frozen concoction will help you hang on.......there's not a woman to blame, it's your own damn fault.
More Peach Margarita Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Peach Jalapeno Margaritas
Spicy Peach Margarita
Fresh Peach Margarita
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @TheFoodieAffair: Warm up with a cup of cocoa topped with frozen peppermint mocha whipped cream! https://t.co/EnEBaj3H3A #chocolate… https://t.co/pdx2oU7oDc, 13 hours ago
- RT @cookierookiebec: APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the easiest (and BEST) way to enjoy #christmas #baking! #spon @ReynoldsWrap… https://t.co/DCMXzStUoR, 13 hours ago
- RT @Anns_Life: Hungarian Christmas Cookies #recipe https://t.co/4aRPjcJotC #recipeoftheday #foodie https://t.co/gWKdsckttK, 13 hours ago
- RT @SlowCookerSarah: Slow Cooker Bacon Barbecue Chicken Dip with @sbrbbq sauce! Serve with garlic bread. #ad https://t.co/wY7qqYEjOt https://t.co/ajejdM0MbB, 13 hours ago
- RT @BoulderLocavore: No open fire required to roast these chestnuts: The Best Roasted Chestnuts https://t.co/OwkT22PBOL https://t.co/KcAMN0GIqB, 13 hours ago