Frozen Peach Margaritas

It's May 1st, which can only mean one thing...a few days until Cinco de Mayo and enjoying these Frozen Peach MargaritasWoo-hoo!

That means margaritas, chips and salsa, margaritas, carnitas, margaritas.  Are you seeing a pattern?

Having previously lived in Southern California where Cinco de Mayo was BIG, we always celebrated with some type of special Mexican meal.  For me, the tradition will always live on no matter where I am, and that tradition will always include margaritas.

I would like to share with you one of my favorite margarita recipes. My husband and I concocted this recipe for a margarita contest we entered and WON!  It was a long time ago but we still make this margarita as often as we can.

This Frozen Peach Margarita has a fresh and refreshing taste that will soothe your mouth as you eat your salsa-laden burrito this Cinco de Mayo.

So come on, find your lost salt shaker and let's get to blendin'.

Here is what you need if you want to get wasted away in Margaritaville: Tequila, Margarita Mix, Peach Schnapps, frozen or fresh peaches and limes.

This is hands down my favorite tequila.  Patron Silver is an ultra-premium spirit with a light and fresh taste. This tequila has an elegant smoothness, allowing you to sip it neat if you choose.  In other words, you don't have to shoot it to bypass any harsh flavors, they don't exist here. It remains my only choice for margaritas and other mixers using tequila.

Add 1-1/2 cups of your favorite margarita mix and 1/2 cup tequila to a blender.

Here is the secret ingredient that makes this margarita a special treat...Peach Schnapps.  Add 2 ounces to the blenda'.

When you are making these, don't blow out your flip flop or step on a pop top, cut your heel and have to cruise home, because that will be a bummer and you'll have to find someone to blame.

Add 1 cup of crushed ice to the tequila-margarita mixture.

Here is a compromise.  Because it's the month of May, I cannot get fresh peaches, so I use frozen.  Frozen peaches do not have added sugar and are not really sweet so I add one Tablespoon of sugar to the mixture.

Add 16 ounces of frozen or fresh peaches (about 2 cups) to the blender. If using frozen (or fresh that are not sweet) add 1 Tablespoon of sugar as well.

Blend it up!

Here's what it will look like after you give it a whirl in the blender.

Here is the top view.  Holy mother of hope, forgiveness and perpetual help. This.Is.To.Die. For.

Use a cut lime and run it around the rim of your cute margarita glasses. Then dip the rim in kosher salt before you pour in your adult beverage. Use the rest of the lime for garnish.

This frozen concoction will help you hang on.......there's not a woman to blame, it's your own damn fault.

Print Recipe

Peach Margaritas

Recipe from: Created by Cathy Pollak for NoblePig.com | Serves: 2-3

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup tequila (silver preferred)
  • 1-1/2 cups margarita mix
  • 2 oz peach schnapps
  • 16 oz (about 2 cups) of frozen or fresh peaches
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional, add only if using frozen peaches or fresh peaches that are not sweet)
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • fresh lime for rubbing around rim of glass and garnish
  • kosher salt

Directions

• Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a margarita glass. Dip the wet rim in kosher salt.
  • Add tequila, margarita mix, schnapps, peaches, sugar and ice to the blender. Blend until smooth.

More Peach Margarita Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Peach Jalapeno Margaritas
Spicy Peach Margarita
Fresh Peach Margarita

50 Comments and 3 Replies

1. Mike 1

I love a good margarita and this looks like a tempting one (and just the right size–big! 😉 ).

I don’t have a specific mix myself though–margaritas became something like the pasta of drinks for me–a little bit of this and a little bit of that, usually as a fun way to clear out a few random odds and ends from the fridge and/or liquor cabinet. Mango, papaya, lime, or who knows–but always a welcome drink!

2. Ooooo yum. I love margaritas. My favorite is the pomegranate margarita. For the antioxidants, of course. 😉

3. I’m a non-margarita drinker… one of those that has to work around tequila. (to kill ya)
    However, if I could be swayed to the other side, this would surely do it! I love peaches and limes and this looks fun and fabulous!
    Spring is almost here!

4. I’ve never had a margarita, but I’ve known that song since I was a kid. However, I did not know the correct lyrics until about two years ago. For the longest time I thought he was searching for his lost shiggarasaw. I had no idea what that was, but I figured it must be a Spanish word for that woman who was or was not to blame. One day I had an epiphany while singing the song at the top of my lungs in the car. Okay, it wasn’t so much an epiphany. My oldest son turned in the passenger seat and looked at me in horror.
    “What did you just say he’s looking for?!?”
    “His shiggarasaw. You know, the woman in the song. It’s Spanish.”
    “Uh, Mom, I take Spanish. That is not a Spanish word and he is looking for his lost *shaker* *of* *salt*–you know, for the margaritas.”
    “You use salt for margaritas? How do you know that?”
    (Son rolls eyes.)

That does look tasty. I may just have to try it.

5. I myself am a hard-core tequila girl, usually drinking my tequila neat and my margaritas on the rocks, not frozen, but that looks pretty yummy, so I might have to make an exception. And you’re right. Patron really is excellent tequila.

I think Jenny and I will just have to try this when she visits in July.

6. Stephanie 6

I’m a Margarita Queen. On one one of the first dates I had with my husband we went to Chevy’s in San Francisco and I had a Prickly Pear Margarita. Yummy. Also the same place I had an El Nino Margarita, a blended margarita with blue Curacao brought to the table with an extra shot of black tequila. Pour the shot on top (to simulate a mudslide into the ocean) drink, order another, repeat until you sing all of the Karaoke and have your friends drive you home.

7. krysta 7

This will be perfect when it’s 110 degrees outside.

8. You are singing my tune baby! Hubby and I got married the weekend of Cinco de Mayo just so our reception could be Mexican fiesta. We had a margarita fountain. I’ll be making margarita cookies this weekend. Did I mention compadres simpático? heh

9. Why is it, that on every post you do, I want to comment on how much you amaze me? You amaze me…there I said and I feel good about it.

Yum…
    I might be wasted, er, wasting away this weekend…

11. Sharon 11

dangerous, dangerous lady. I’m not sure a huge peach margarita is what I need to see at 8am but I like it. Can I leave work now?

12. Yum! Love me some margaritas… I also celebrate Cinco de Mayo… our anniversary is May 6th, so the night before our wedding was ‘my’ party at a Mexican Restaurant! Plus it’s part of my culture… my sister and I call ourselves the Corona Sisters…

13. Elle 13

DYING to try these! And Jenni in KS…omg, that is hilarious!!!

14. giz 14

What time did you say we should be there for drinks? I’m not a big drinker but for this, okay already, I’ll make the exception :) – looks absolutely stunning.

15. ALF 15

My favorite part of margaritas is the salt. That picture of yours makes me want to go home and start drinking right away!

16. Jules 16

mmmmm….margaritas

peaches are so freakin refreshing. what an alluring beverage.

i pronounced “patron” incorrectly the first time i said it out loud. in a bar. surrounded by attractive men. it was humiliating to say the least.

18. OMG – I am sososo thirsty looking at that!
    It sounds fantastic, and I am sure you have just inspired a weekend of peachy drunk debauchery!

19. annbb 19

It’s 5:00 somewhere! I’ll be right over for one of those sinfully fabu looking margaritas! Definitely on my to make and enjoy very soon list!

20. Marcy 20

OMg that looks soo good. I like peach schnapps, and margaritas, so putting them together sounds absoutely wonderful!!
    And as to your post below about parents being cruel, thats funny, and my mom alwasy told me she went to school with a girl named Candy Dish. Her parents owned the local candy store, is that not sad?
    My hubby said there was a teacher at his school named Ms Mossey. She married a Butts, and hypehenated her name – Mrs Mossey butts, hehe. Sad but true.

take care:))

21. Just what the docta ordered, I’ll be right over and I’d like about 6 please.

22. Me and my girlfriends have a Cinco tradition and I believe peach margaritas might have to be adopted this year… Love It!

23. jean 23

Yummy. Now I just need some sunshine and life would be perfect.

Now see, this is a recipe I won’t skim. 😀 Thank you! I look forward to making this!

25. Stacy 25

I love margaritas, but that’s a pretty pointless statement because who doesn’t? I really enjoy making them in all different flavors. I’ve been wanting to try Patron for the longest time, but I just haven’t gotten myself to shell out the cash for it yet.

26. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. That looks so good! I’ll take mine by the pool, please. Thanks. :)

27. Claudia 27

OMFG – that looks absolutely divine. SO need to be trying that this weekend. &heart; frozen drinks in the summer!!!!!!

I AM SOLD! I will be making these on Sunday for our BBQ get together! YUM

29. Tigger 29

You’ll be singing Cinco De Mayo before you know it…
    …Taco, taco!

30. I LOVE margaritas!!! These peach ones look amazing!!!

31. Kevin 31

That peach margarita looks cool and refreshing and good!

32. Ummm…Can I borrow your blender? No need to clean it out for me. Actually, while you’re at it, just fill it up with the margarita blend and I’ll take care of the rest.

33. I. Must. Have. One. Or ten.

34. I read that someone up there in your comments never had a margarita! What???

That looks simply divine. I don’t think I could stop at one. And that . . . would be trouble!

35. SH** – for the love of moderate calorie consumption woman! What are you doing to me?????

Ya know, I made them bakes sale bars. Ka-ching! That’s my calorie register.

• suzan-in-nc 36

To reduce some of the calories, substitute Jose Cuervo Zero Calorie Margarita Mix. When I use this mix, I simply “doctor” it up w/ some add’l lime juice. Because this wonderful Peach Marg recipe has a good amount of sugar f/ the peaches,and Schnapps, this will help eliminate any aftertaste f/ the zero calorie mix.

A question f/ the talented Ms. Cathy: how many servings does this recipe make…5-6?

36. CJ 38

I’m a recovering alcoholic so I won’t be indulging in the Patron but I seriously think this has possibilities as an alcohol free recipe! Thanks!

37. Joanna 39

Absolutely gorgeous! It is now 8:30 in the morning and, thanks to you, I am already ready for a drink. Niiiiice.

38. Jeff 40

Looks awesome and painful all at the same time. Tequilla and I have a very rocky past in which well I can’t remember any good stories. However, friends have told me I have a lot of fun when consuming it.

39. OH. MAH. GAH. YOU. ARE. KILLING. ME. HERE.

40. I’m down here in SoCal where it’s BIG! We’re planning to have a good ‘ol time with some margaritas next week. My fave is the Midori Margarita. Peach sounds equally delicious.

41. Meg 43

I will be right over….

42. Chuck 44

Wow! now thats a drink. Perfect for a hot summers day. I think I’m thirsty now.

43. WOW! This looks SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing!

44. Kat 46

This was so good. I love how the peaches make it thick and perfect.

45. vanessa 47

this. looks. amazing. and my friends just brought me that same bottle of patron as a belated housewarming present. i think i know what to do with it now! thanks =)

46. Your recipes are wonderful, your writing inspiring and I’m quite impressed with your photos. I enjoyed my visit very much!

47. I am already feeling very thirsty as the temperature outside is well above 30 degrees and the pictures above have just added more 😀

– Kashif

48. Brandi 50

OH MY!!! These were delicious!! I will make these again for sure!!!!

49. Cathy 51

Made these today it is amazing.

50. Kimberley 52

Do you have a pin for this one?