Are you tired of eating the kids leftover cupcakes for dessert?
Bored with those chocolate chip cookies you have sitting around?
Tired of licking the frosting jar for just a taste of something sweet but don't have it in you to make something better?
Well fear not. Things for you are looking up. They really are.
In five minutes flat you can be eating this dessert propped up in front of the tube watching reruns of the Twilight Zone.
This is also sophisticated enough to serve after a casual weeknight night meal with friends or an elegant dinner party.
It is the perfect end to any meal or just enough to satisfy that nagging sweet craving.
So come on.......get out your favorite ice cream vessel and in several minutes you will be transported on a magic carpet ride to somewhere very sweet. You will!
Here are the ingredients. Yes, that's it! There will be no slaving here and the results will be sublime. You will need Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Vanilla Yogurt and Chambord Liqueur. Yep, I told you it would be easy.
Just the bottle makes you feel very grown up. A crown on my liqueur, that's for me.
For those of you unsure about what Chambord is, well it's full name is Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur. It's made from raspberries, blackberries, Madagascar vanilla, Moroccan citrus peel (not sure why the Moroccan is superior), honey and Cognac. Sounding exotic? The raspberries and blackberries are steeped in the Cognac for a four week period allowing for the infusion of the spirit into the berry. Sounds holy doesn't it?
It really is a wonderfully sweet smelling and nice tasting liqueur. I also love it poured into Champagne.
Now you just need your favorite vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. I like Dreyer's Double Vanilla. Sweet and Intense, need I say more.
Now pour the Chambord over the vanilla ice cream.
You're done! Seriously you are.
It really does taste as good as it looks. And it's very grown-up.
This is perfect for entertaining because there is no fussing with dessert.
And it's so perrrr-ty.
To take it up a notch for that very nice dinner party...add fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint for garnish. Even whipped cream if you're crazy!
I know you will enjoy this, I always do! In fact I Luhhhh-v it!
Chambord Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae
Eat and enjoy.
This is really special but most importantly simple. Kick your feet up and enjoy it.
Let me know what you think.
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, 13 hours ago
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, 13 hours ago
- RT @DramamamaX5: One Pan Chipotle Lime Chicken Stir Fry #recipe #food https://t.co/JBigsr9noZ https://t.co/9MXFEOzhug, 13 hours ago
- RT @wearychef: UPDATED: Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe is so good and easy to make!! https://t.co/0CSXG8rrTh #chicken #[email protected]… https://t.co/GbZ9XS1RnE, 13 hours ago
- RT @CompletSavorist: Baja Chicken Pasta https://t.co/eaaiZ4oKXE Decadent & utterly satisfying. Fusion of flavors: favorite cheesy pasta… https://t.co/XOd9YII1u6, 13 hours ago