Spring has hit here in my neck of the woods. The days have been warm and my roses are growing. FAST.
What does that mean? Aphids. Oh so many stinkin' APHIDS!
What the heck.
I've tried everything.
All systemic and non-systemic insecticides. ALL OF THEM.
I have tried biological methods. Natural predator insects such as ladybugs and spraying the plant with soap and water.
I even shook one of the plants to death to see if the aphids would fly off. Um, no they wouldn't.
I am anal enough to pick each aphid off with tweezers if I have to. But I've refrained.
So with everything I've done, short of cutting the roses down, why do I still have this...
Don't be distracted by the fact a mama aphid has just given birth to five baby aphids. That is beside the point (even though they are kinda cute). Get over it.
I want them gone.
Hmmm, what if these are not aphids?
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @recipe_this: New #Recipe = Date Night Slow #Cooked Pulled #Brisket With Red Wine https://t.co/R4qicJnfMX #slowcooker #crockpot… https://t.co/8kKYsX6LP1, 1 hour ago
- RT @BoulderLocavore: One pot, one meal: Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet https://t.co/gjXuqBeIjM https://t.co/iQtXNfVWyr, 1 hour ago
- RT @Lifetastesgoood: With only 4 ingredients, this is one of the easiest desserts you'll make! https://t.co/bQgTlYAyTn #ad… https://t.co/88MyAVL4Xv, 1 hour ago
- RT @fork_tale: #Chocolate Eclair #Cake #recipe https://t.co/hjBMsEnV2D #foodie https://t.co/y5xcZzcdhP, 1 hour ago
- RT @Heavytoohealthy: Follow these tips to avoid weight gain on the #paleodiet: #paleotips #loseweight https://t.co/gDReB5vkRj https://t.co/o819amK5wp, 1 hour ago